Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

We knew this would be our last night in the house before the baby comes, so we decided to carve some pumpkins for Halloween. Tracy went to 2 different stores, twice each, to get just the right pumpkins for the task, a large one for Peter, a medium one for me, and a little one for the baby. We were both exhausted from a long couple days, but this was a bit of fun.

I've always wanted to try one of those books that have all the cool designs rather than the traditional faces. Peter is attempting to follow this haunted house patter. I sure hope it turns out well. It looks really complicated.
OK, so I still did a face, but it's a little different than the traditional.

Baby Grace's pumpkin. Awe...isn't she cute!
For hers we decided to stick with the norm. Peter did a GREAT job on this one! I love how it only has 2 teeth.

Cleaning out the gook, so the light will shine through. Carving pumpkins is harder and more tedious than I remember.

Oooo, the haunted house is turning out GREAT!

The finished products all lit up. Lets see what happens when we turn the flash off.


OOOO Spooky!

1 comment: