Thursday, March 19, 2009

Family extentions

Peter and I have recently found out that we will have a wonderful addition to our family. He/she is due to arrive in mid October and we couldn't be happier! The OB gave us a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago though. She asked if we would like to do a sonogram, and of course we said yes...but she didn't see anything. "it's early yet" she tried to comfort us, "but lets send you to radiology just to see what they can find out.

We went to radiology and after a series of question that worried me further, she finally said that she couldn't tell us anything good or bad. Well that didn't help. A few minutes later, after she had finished her measurements and she found out that we were Christians, she really began to open up. Peter was looking over her shoulder the whole time, but I couldn't even see the monitor until she turned it towards me.

"Here's your baby", she said, "and that's the heartbeat", it was a little spot that kept flashing lighter and darker. At that moment I started to cry. I had allowed all the negative possibilities to overwhelm me. Next she turned up the sound, and we got to hear the little heartbeat...what a precious moment. During the silence before I got to see what she was seeing, I prayed. I knew that the baby's life was in God's hands, but I was still scared that something was wrong. I had given it to God, and then we got to see the little precious blessing. God is so good, to calm my fears at that moment. He could have made us wait to hear the results back from the OB, but He didn't. We are now about 10 weeks along, and really looking forward to being parents...a little nervous, though, as I'm sure all new parents are.

6 comments:

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Congrats! ANd good to finally hear all that. I didn't know.

Veronica said...

I am so happy for you guys! Can't wait to stand at the wayside & watch as you grow your little Holladay! You better keep your blog updated for us, my cyber friend!

Judy and Steve said...

Congratulations Tracy and Peter,

Steve and are so thrilled for you. We pray for you each Wednesday morning and trust you are doing well.

Love to you,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tracy and Peter:))))

Ruth

Celeste Esguerra said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful blessing.

Congratulations!

Great job with your family website....

Take Care,

Celeste

Unknown said...

Hi Peter and Tracey
Congratulations!
It was nice to hear from you and to look over you blog site to catch up with your lives. You have a nice extended family and an beautiful home the Lord has provided for you. It is also good to know you and your baby are doing well. Indeed, the Lord is good, and much thanks for answered prayer in your lives. I am happy for you. :-)
Take care
Betty I.