Saturday, April 12, 2008

Blueberry Picking

Spring and Hope were talking about going blueberry picking at the one day and it sounded like fun so I asked if I could tag along. They seemed excited to have me come, so Spring, Adam, Hope, Abigail, Faith and I were off to the Gerry's farm to pick some berries. Pop met us there and showed us which rows we were able to pick from. His company, Organic Ag, has done spreading there for years so that's how we were able to get in before the harvest.

Hope gathered quite a few and mentioned something about blueberry pancakes. YUMMM!!! That sounds like a good idea. Abigail seemed to have fun out there.

Spring found a row of berries that tasted sweeter than the ones we were picking earlier, but it was time to head out so we only got a few of those. Adam had a blast it seemed, but didn't gather too many berries. I'll have to see if I can get the one I took with my phone and add it later. I wanted to show Peter how many berries I collected. When we got home, I got out my recipe book. I think the 9 cups I gathered only lasted about a week. I made blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup (twice, maybe three times), blueberry muffins, and a blueberry pie. DELICIOUS!!!!! I think we also had some on our cereal one morning.

1 comment:

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Where are you? I took a pic. of you